Ragi Cookies, a healthy snack for your kids and whole family. Enjoy your guilt free cookies as an evening snack.
- 1 cup – Ragi Huri Hittu
- ½ cup – Emmer Wheat Flour
- 3 Tbsp – Jaggery powder
- 1 Tsp – Baking Powder
- ½ cup – Desi Ghee
- 2 tbsp warm water
- Cashews for Decoration
- Roast Ragi Huri Hittu and keep it aside to cool
- Sieve Emmer Wheat and baking powder separately and keep aside
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degree for 8 – 10 minutes
- In a bowl add Ghee and Jaggery powder and Mix it well
- Add sieved and cooled Ragi Huri Hittu and Emmer Wheat flour
- Add few tablespoons of warm water and mix it to a dough
- Take lemon ball sized dough and flatten them a little
- Decorate it with one Cashew on the top
- Place the cookies in the baking tray lined with butter paper
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes in the preheated oven
- Cool the cookies before you eat
- Store the cookies in an airtight container. It remains fresh for a week
Recipe Variation for Ragi Cookies
You can also make only Ragi Cookies with this recipe.
- Replace Ragi Huri Hittu with Ragi Flour
- Omit Emmer Wheat.
- Add ½ Tsp of vanilla essence to Ghee and Jaggery and cream it well before adding Ragi Flour
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes
- All other steps remain the same.